Internal Audit Unit
The Company has already had Internal Audit Unit before 2001 called Internal Audit Committee. At present, Head of Internal Audit Unit is:
Hendra Kurniawan, was born in Jakarta, year 1958, Indonesian Citizen. Prior to joining the Company, he worked in PT. Inbisco Niagatama Semesta from 1983 to 1990. From 1990 to 1997, he was responsible for the operations at PT. Sinar Pangan Barat in Medan. From 1997 to 2001, he was part of the Company's marketing team. He has been serving as the Company's Head of Internal Audit Unit since 2001 up to the present.
Most recent legal basis of the appointment of Mr. Hendra Kurniawan as Head of Internal Audit Unit is the Letter of Appointment of Head of Internal Audit which was signed on April 16, 2016 with due regard to OJK Regulation No. 56/Pojk.04/2015 on the Establishment and Guidelines for Preparation of Internal Audit Unit Charter, in particular article 5, which states that Head of Internal Audit Unit is appointed and dismissed by President Director upon approval of the Board of Commissioners.
- Possess integrity and professionalism, independence, honesty and objectivity in performing his duties.
- Possess the knowledge and experiences in audit technique and other discipline relevant to his duties.
- Possess the knowledge of Capital Market regulations and other related regulations.
- Have the skills to interact and communicate both verbally and in writing effectively.
- Adhere to professional standards issued by the Internal Audit Association.
- Comply with Internal Audit code of ethics.
- Keep confidential the Company's information and/or records in respect of the performance of Internal Audit duties and responsibilites, except if required by law or by a court order.
- Possess an understanding of GCG principles and risk management; and
- Able to develop knowledge, competency and professional capability on an ongoing basis.
Taking into account of Internal Audit Unit activities that have become increasingly congested and increasingly diverse issues, to meet the need for increased capacity of the Company's internal auditor, in 2017 the Company organized in-house training to extend and broaden the knowledge of internal auditors. This kind of training is chosen as it allows us to determine the training schedules and training materials that are more suitable to our needs, so that the materials presented are more focused, relevant and directly related to our duties. Thus the education or training that followed provides immediate and optimal benefits for the improvement of our capabilities.
Head of Internal Audit Unit is appointed and dismissed by the President Director upon the Board of Commissioners' approval. Head of Internal Audit Unit is responsible to the President Director. President Director may dismiss the Head of Internal Audit Unit upon the Board of Commissioners' approval.